Head of Development Services (BB-6B728)
Found in: Expertini China
Description:Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You would be responsible for profitable execution of Development Services including Cell Culture, Analytical and Purification development activities on multiple process development projects as well as Cell Banking Services to the agreed timelines and resources
- To ensure the department achieves its vision of being recognized internationally as a centre of scientific excellence
- Participate in the Guangzhou Site Leadership team to ensure efficient co-ordination of projects and initiatives across site
- Working across the Lonza network establish priorities and remove barriers to progress.
- Control costs within group budget
- Actively work with government groups and universities to promote Lonza's activities
- Effectively control project execution by managing resources (people/equipment) to deliver projects according to the agreed timelines. Actively ensure open communications are maintained and corrective action plans are formulated when required. Ensure all activities are underpinned by the highest scientific integrity and appropriate GMP requirements in the case of Cell Banking Services
- Engage with new and existing internal and external customers to demonstrate the competence, capability and flexibility of the department to increase the probability of securing new business
- Line management responsibility for the department.
- Coach, mentor and train the teams to ensure robust succession planning
- Create an environment that encourages and allows for robust critique of the science undertaken in the department.
- Represent, at a high level, all departmental activities and proactively input into proposals, customer visits and customer project teams.
- Ensure direct and indirect reports work in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Instigate, drive and facilitate change in the department.
- To ensure that the scientific and regulatory knowledge of all members of the department including holder of this position, is up-to-date.
- To be aware of business and regulatory trends inside and outside of Lonza that impacts the activities of the department.
- To actively promote the integration of United States Pharmacopeia and Analytics
- To participate in customer project team meetings, actively engaging and collaborating with customers to ensure potential project issues are managed against timelines and positive customer relations are maintained Key Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the life science, Ph.D will have an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical capacity and 6 years in people management capacity
- Knowledge of mammalian protein expression systems and/or operation and optimization of bioreactor processes and/or Current Good Manufacture Practices analytical services and/or operation and optimization of downstream processes.
- Knowledge of Cell Banking would be appreciated
- Knowledge of Excel as well as Statistical Data Analysis tools.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
calendar_today1 month ago
info Full time