Associate Project Manager (BB-D3F02)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
Description:Associate Project Manager:0000ELSG
Role Title: Associate Project Manager
Business: IT Infrastructure Delivery
Role Purpose / Description
Technology is rapidly changing, with customers wanting to interact more quickly and securely with their service providers. For HSBC Technology, the ability to deliver innovative technology, rapidly, continuously and safely, is at the heart of delivering the simpler, faster, better banking experience that our customers and colleagues expect.
IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) encompasses approximately 6,000 colleagues spread across 45+ locations. The annual budget is over $1.5 billion and our infrastructure and services support over 250,000 colleagues and 50+ million customers. ITID is part of the Technology organisation whose ambition is to be the world’s leading financial services technology team and are on a journey to transform accordingly.
With this level of transformation, we also need to be cognizant of the impact of all these changes on HOST and HSBC, ensuring that the right level of governance, controls and reporting is in place and managed appropriately.
The ITID PPM Project Managers lead and manage medium scale complex global strategic change projects/programmes and business transformations with the business and delivery partners (circa $5m + budgets, matrixed teams, multiple business lines). They act as a role model, working as one global team, demonstrating active leadership and communication. They need to be able to operate at executive level, across regions and global businesses.
Project Managers are responsible for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks within their project/programme and instilling excellent project/programme disciplines within their project/programme and across Technology and the HSBC Group. The role holder has end to end responsibility for all aspects of the project/programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management. They are also responsible for effective handover of the project/ programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation. They work closely with their respective Portfolio Manager, the Global ITID PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their proejct/ programme with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
Project Managers will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. They may also have line management responsibility for a group of more junior resources within their resource pool (as related to their job family).
The specific purpose of this role is to establish and deliver (manage / direct / track) and report progress on a number group wide projects/programmes that will ensure that HSBC meets its obligations in respect of a number of key Intrastructure Delivery capabilities.
This role holder will establish and deliver projects/programmes within the ITID PPM Change the Bank (CtB) portfolios which could include but is not limited to: Service Sustaining portfolio (SSP), Transformation, ITID Corporate Real Estate portfolio.
As Project Manager in the ITID CtB programme, the role holder will provide direct oversight of the programme(s)/ project(s)’, financial and outcome accountability, reporting to a Portfolio Manager within ITID. In executing this role, the Project Manager will need to:
• build strong relationships with senior stakeholders within IT, Global Businesses, Finance
• work closely with their respective Portfolio Manager, the Global ITID PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their project/programme with the wider change portfolio and group strategy, values and behaviour
• provide board level overview of progress, lead and direct multidisciplinary teams across all global businesses, global functions and regions
• lead end to end execution and responsibility for all aspects of the project/programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management.
• Provide financial analysis, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
• Ensure the adherence to financial processes and procedures at project/programme level, as set and communicated by HSBC Group, regulators and ITID PPM Practice.
• Own the the identification and escalation of any budgetary related risks, issues and opportunities to portfolio/function as appropriate.
• have responsibility for effective handover of the project/programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation.
• have responsibility for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks and respective methodologies within their Programme/Project and instilling good programme/project disciplines within their project and wider team.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Outstanding project and programme management experience which include communications capabilities, decision making and problem solving skills, lateral thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent understanding and proven experience of Programme and Project Management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
• Ability to direct and influence people in a matrix orientated environment and establish working partnerships at a junior and senior organizational level.
• Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the business.
• Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
• Change agent with proven ability of implementing large scale organizational, procedural, technology and people related change programmes.
• Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language to recognise to the global remit of this role.
• Detail orientated.
• Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions.
• Experience of delivering large scale change programmes within a Technology organization, with Infrastructure experience.
• High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across HSBC.
• Experience of leading and managing teams with proven track record of working with diverse, cross functional teams that are located regionally and worldwide.
• Experience of driving continuous improvement
HSBCML/GZ*About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
calendar_today5 days ago
work HSBC Group