About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role Underwrite and execute profitable Financial Lines business Maintains a high level of technical expertise Balance long-term goals with short-term, pragmatic business needs Ensure all underwriting is in line with underwriting authorities and corporate governance Works with cross functional teams in development and execution of business (especially channel management team, risk engineering team and operations team) Pro-actively develop and strengthens client relationships with a view to enlarging business opportunities. Maintains regular contact with brokers and corporate clients. Maintains a high market profile and good client relationships Ensure the integrity of data in the relevant information, pricing and analysis systems and other systems Manages timely and accurately preparation of documentation Manage expenses according to plan
About the Team Achieve or exceed business and financial targets assigned Underwrite and grow profitable Financial Lines in accordance with China Finpro Strategy and CorSo Risk Appetite Proactively manage renewal portfolio Take strong ownership of mainland China FinPro strategy as well as implementation Proactively identify and develop new business pipelines in our target segments by early engagement with our own distribution managers and sounding with internal referral bodies (when necessary) Willingly undertakes additional tasks and projects in support of the overall objectives of China Casualty & Financial Lines community Advocate CorSo's value proposition, cross sell other Casualty business to build up our reputation in the primary Casualty & Financial Lines market Familiar with the market development, and understand our internal statistics, UW measurement as well as working closely with risk engineering team and business operation teams to do business effectively and efficiently
- Educational background University degree or above
- Professional experience Min. 5 years experience in underwriting primary (or single risks) Financial Lines business, and good understanding of local market place Strong underwriting capabilities in financial lines including D&O, PI (A&E, Lawyers, Accountants, Single project etc), Cyber are core skillsets Understand and anticipate future moves of markets, legal landscape and competitors Demonstrated ability to understand the client's profile and needs (pain points)
- Other skills Strong track record of profitable portfolio Demonstrate ability of navigating ambiguity and adapting to changes Demonstrate ability on working independently, efficiently and under pressure Ability to prioritize and make best use of available resources Solution oriented mindset Good communication skills and can professionally and effectively interact with people internally & externally Good decision making skills, positive and "can do" spirit
- Language Fluent oral and written English and Mandarin
- Personal qualities Is able and willing to follow and live Swiss Re’s Principles.