General Counsel, Legal Operations Consumer Healthcare, Greater China (BB-06E81)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
Are you energized by working in a fast changing and highly complex legal environment? If so, this role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
To ensure delivery of high quality (including being proactive, pragmatic and solutions focused) legal services to the GSK China Consumer Healthcare business (including commercial, manufacturing, R&D operations) to enable the achieving of GSK China CH strategies and business objectives in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
To ensure appropriate talent and capability development, and succession planning of the China CH Legal Team, and to manage team resources in an efficient manner.
This role will be based in Shanghai and will report directly to the Assistant General Counsel, APAC Consumer Healthcare.
This role will be a member of the Greater China CH Leadership Team and RMCB and other leadership teams (including for manufacturing and R&D operations) relating to Greater China CH and be involved in directly providing legal support to the business as well as supervising the work of individuals in the China Legal Team that report directly/indirectly to this role.
Some key responsibilities of the role include :
1. Providing and ensure that China Legal team provide high quality legal support (including advice and contracting) to all aspects of the Greater China CH business and operations including but not limited to Commercial/ Medical/ Government Affairs/ Communications / IT/ GMS/ Procurement/ Commercial Excellence/ Regulatory Affairs/ Finance and Treasury function/ Human Resources, etc.
2. Being a key stakeholder in business team meetings such leadership team meetings, risk management compliance boards, country executive boards etc.
3. Anticipating and proactively supporting the prevention and management of legal risks facing all aspects of the Greater China CH business and operations including participating in work to appropriately influence legislative developments, and reviewing, interpreting and training the business on new legislation or regulatory rules impacting the business to ensure compliance
4. Supporting internal and external investigations and all forms of disputes (including employment and promotional claims); and communications with the regulators / authorities
5. Developing, reviewing, advising and recommending policies and practices on issues presenting potential legal risks and educating the internal clients on legal developments and policies
6. Working closely with Compliance, Regulatory, Medical, Finance, Commercial Excellence and other functions in ensuring Greater China CH business and operations operate in a manner compliant with relevant laws and regulations
7. Working closely with Government Affairs on appropriately influencing legislative developments affecting the Greater China CH business or operations
8. Being a strong influence on risk management and risk judgement calls to be taken in relation to Greater China CH business and operations; advising on risks and appropriate strategy/language to manage risks while maximizing business benefit
9. Leading the legal support for business development transactions especially those of a strategic nature
10. Supporting the protection and enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights of GSK China working in close collaboration with members of the Patent and Trademark teams
11. Managing and developing the Greater China Legal Team with appropriate coaching, mentoring and guidance to the team members to ensure appropriate capability build and personal development
12. Managing Greater China Legal Team budget in a cost efficient and effective manner (including outside counsel spend)
13. Managing and developing effective relationships with outside counsel firms
14. Establishing strong and effective working relationships with above-country legal teams (including IP, GMS, R&D, Category etc) to ensure the integration of the full range of considerations impacting legal recommendations
15. Establishing strong and effective working relationships with other departments within and outside of China to enable effective legal support and counsel to the Greater China CH business and operations
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Law Degree along with Bar qualification.
At least [20 years PQE], Proven experience delivering legal advice to support business needs.
Extensive prior experience in providing legal advice and day-to-day oversight management of complex, global legal issues, regulation and policy.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Excellent communication skills;
Able to learn and adapt quickly and work under pressure, in a fast paced environment
Able to identify potential impact of issues beyond specific matter presented and capable of strategic input into risk situations, commercial opportunities and policy issues.
Sense of urgency and proactive with attention to detail
A solutions focused mindset and excellent problem solving skills; flexible thinking with delivery of pragmatic and compliant business solutions
Able to work and manage numerous matters with competing priorities effectively
Able to work effectively in a matrix structure and through individuals;
Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and communication skills;
Excellent management skills and mentoring and coaching skills;
Strong communication skills with good command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
High integrity and strong work commitment and ethic;
Able to work effectively across boundaries with keen awareness of cultural and other differences;
Able to confidently interact and influence senior management and peers
Good stakeholder management capability;
Proactive and inquisitive;
Strong leadership skills;
Good and effective team player;
Excellent legal analysis skills with solid knowledges of local laws particularly with respect to employment, cybersecurity, privacy and competition law etc, and industry (OTC/FMCG/VMS) specific legislation;
Strong business acumen, particularly with respect to business models for different channels, such as modern trade, two-invoice distribution and E-commerce (including CBEC)
calendar_today1 day ago
info Full time