Senior Software Engineer (BB-E1297)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
Description:Senior Software Engineer:0000F2QC
Role Title: Senior Software Engineer
Business: ASP REGIONAL TEAM - REG IT ASP
Role Purpose / Description
HOST Information Technology provides technology solutions to support the global businesses and global functions in HSBC worldwide.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join the ASP Regional team in the position of Senior Software Engineer.
The role holder is responsible for developing the most appropriate and secure Technology solutions to meet customer needs, ensuring continuous improvement, and providing ongoing management of the services of ASP countries.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
• Work with local manager in HTC to support ASP country business and IT teams, participate in the various stages of a development project, such as requirement gathering, function design, technical design, development, testing, implementation and support. The support scope is mainly on iSeries platform, and also some local small applications.
• Regularly visit ASP countries e.g, Malaysia to understand local business priority and work closely with local IT to back up each other, especially when some local IT teammates are on leave. This team is an extension of ASP country local IT.
• Conduct coding and testing with little guidance, compliant to the Bank’s development standard and meet the quality requirements
• Provide input to system solutions to meet business needs
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• 4+ years' software development experience in AS400 RPG, preferably on HUB, ATMP, HSS, HIE, TREATS.
• Experienced in software technical design, coding and testing.
• With analytical and problem solving skills, able to work independently, proactively and under pressure against multiple deadlines.
• Be familiar with AS400, RPGLE, CL on iSeries.
• Have awareness of Agile/DevOps approach and practices, additional credit for the experiences in DevOps tooling (e.g. JIRA, RTC, ARCAD, Jenkins, etc.).
• A highly-motivated individual with positive and proactive attitude. Open minded and adaptive to changes.
• Confident to interact with people of different culture.
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Good spoken and written English.
• Willing to work offshore and travel if required
• Strong customer focus and commitment to delivery; Excellent problem solving and User support skills
• Flexibility to work on weekends or late hours
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment to deliver high quality results under tight schedule and high pressure
• Working in a team with different cultures
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
calendar_today3 days ago
work HSBC Group