MSBIC Finance, VP, Zhuhai (BB-AAB96)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
Job Level:Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firmproviding a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment managementand wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwideincluding corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of ourpeople is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of valuesrooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley canprovide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place forpeople to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personallifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Bank International (China) Ltd. (MSBIC) is alocally incorporated foreign bank wholly owned by Morgan Stanley in Zhuhai,China. It has a branch in Beijing and the Bank is primarily engaged in bond andFX trading, lending, loan syndication, and corporate deposit taking. MSBIC is aniche bank that focuses on providing unique domestic and cross-border solutionsto large corporations and institutions in China. In preparation for the Bank’snew phase of development as it seeks to take advantage of the market andproduct liberalization in China and to comply with the dynamic regulatoryrequirements, MSBIC is seeking a suitable candidate to head its FinanceDepartment of the Beijing branch.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officerand has over 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanleyfranchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and bycontributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This divisionmaintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and governmentregulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to theoutside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor toMorgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The role is a Vice President within the Finance team ofMSBIC. The role will report directly to the Head of Finance of MSBIC Zhuhaiheadquarter. Due to expansion of thebank, the role is part of senior management team in overseeing finance mattersof the bank, including but not limited to, the formulation and implementationof the Bank’s policies, procedures and operations on finance, accounting andtax, ensuring compliance with the applicable accounting standards, laws, regulations,regulators’ guidance and expectations as well as the Firm’s/Bank’s policies andrequirements.
The role is part of the financial control team responsiblefor accounting, reporting and oversight of the bank including, but not limitedto, preparation of financial statements, daily P&L control and reporting, regulatoryfilings, regulatory ratio monitoring, legal entity controls and guardianship,monthly closing of books and records, analytics, entity-specific accountingpolicy. The role also contributes to finance and bank wide projects of MSBIC.
- Oversee legal entity and financial controls andguardianship
- Manage local and Morgan Stanley Group financial accountingand reporting
- Responsible for regulatory reporting
- Responsible for daily P&L control and reporting
- Ensure compliance of the applicable Accounting Standardsand regulatory rules and regulations as well as Morgan Stanley’s internalpolicies and requirements
- Drive strong partnerships and coordinate Finance supportto Business Units and Senior Management. Provide financial analysis and advices on the Bank’s profitability,booking, business and products.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with andhandle enquires from regulators and external auditors
- Participate, exercise responsibilities and properlyimplement the decisions made by relevant committees, Senior Management andBoard of Directors of MSBIC
- Support and provide advice on new businessinitiatives and projects
- 10 to 15 years of experience with sizable audit and/or financial industry enterprises, with at least 5 years in managerial role of a professional team.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Putonghua and able to interact well with others at all levels internally and externally.
- Proven ability to independently handle financial, regulatory and tax matters with local authorities.
- Strong knowledge in China GAAP.Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of financial products, specifically fixed income and foreign exchange products, for their accounting and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Experience to execute projects and strategic initiatives.
- Strong managerial, interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- A proactive, self-motivated and dynamic person
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or related field
- Qualification from recognized accounting body, CICPA and AICPA preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills of Chinese and English
calendar_today5 days ago
info Full Time
work Morgan Stanley