Senior R&D Engineer Senior R&D Engineer Chengdu (BB-638B1)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
This engineer will join the Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for semiconductor analysis.
Innovation in semiconductor design and manufacturing enables smaller device architectures with higher performance and energy efficiency for powering the smart product revolution. The physics associated with shrinking geometries, especially in the emerging 3-D IC, FinFET and stacked-die architectures, bring out design challenges related to power and reliability, affecting design closure. ANSYS simulation and modeling tools offer the sign-off accuracy and performance needed to ensure power noise integrity and reliability of even the most complex ICs, taking into account electromigration, thermal effects and electrostatic discharge phenomena.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of the code and the team’s software development processes.
• Work with manager and others to define and implement new capabilities. Once projects are defined, the engineer should be able to deliver medium sized projects with minimal input from others.
• Diagnose and fix code problems.
• Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
• Optimize code to improve tool run time and memory capacity.
• Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
• Communicate clearly and work closely with manager, technical leads and other engineers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
• Understand and demonstrate best practices in software engineering.
• Be a source of expertise for others in the project team.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, with five years' experience or MS with 3 years in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• 3 years’ experience in C++ with broad and deep understanding of the language
• Proficient in Python programing
• Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging
• Solid understanding of electronic design at gate level and/or transistor level
• Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others
• Ability to complete high-quality work on time
Prefer PhD in Electrical Engineer, Computer Science or related field. Minimum relevant work experience:
Demonstrated skills in the following areas are a plus:
• Successful large-scale commercial software development
• Development, debugging and optimization of systems using distributed processing
• Experience with the Python programming language
• Parasitic extraction for advanced semiconductor nodes
• Transistor-level simulation or analysis
• Gate level or RTL power analysis and/or optimization
• IC physical design
• Logic synthesis or equivalence checking
• GUI development for physical design or analysis tools
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
• Customer focus
• Results and Accountability
• Transparency and Integrity
• Sense of urgency
• Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person or entity.
calendar_today1 day ago
work GRANTA DESIGN