Lead Character Artist (BB-2FD3B)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
What you will do:
- Leading the development of high quality AAA characters
- Understand asset limitations, project milestones, risks and work accordingly;
- Collect and become familiar with reference images;
- Produce models according to the Art director's vision;
- Create high quality, detailed character models and assets;
- Provide proxy models for early game integration;
- Create efficient and rig friendly, low polygon models for game integration;
- Unwrap low polygon models and create high quality color maps;
- Address critiques from the Lead Artist and Art Director and make revisions;
- Guarantee the quality and delivery on time of 3D modeling and mapping as regards the characters and actors needed for producing the game;
What you should be equipped with:
- Proven working experiences in game development modeling and texturing characters using 3ds Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs);
- Highly proficient in Maya, ZBrush (or equivalent software) and Photoshop; Strong knowledge of Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter; Solid knowledge in hi-poly modeling and digital sculpting; Strong knowledge of low poly modeling techniques, including a strong knowledge of topology for animation;
- Very good texturing skills, mapping and normal map extraction techniques; Understanding of PBR.
- Ability to use efficiently the texture space and to take into consideration the pixel ratio;
- Very good sense of human and animal anatomy and proportions; Proven experienced with AAA game production; Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them when modeling; Good sense of form, shape, silhouette in regards to objects;
- A critical thinker, easy to think of and adapt to new techniques in modelling and texturing
- Passion for games and strong game culture; Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams; Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
- Good communication and English skills.
- Experience in animation and rigging are considered as advantage;
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
calendar_today10 hours ago