Senior Factory Management Engineer (BB-DDFFC)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
Job Description :
A. If you have a passion to deliver new technology to customers and have a strong background in Contract Manufacturing, manufacturing management or Sourcing, then this position is for you.
B. This position presents a great opportunity to contribute to realizing Microsoft's hardware strategy and bring exceptional customer experience to consumers across the world.
C. The scope of this position is to manage Contract Manufacturing (CM) / Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) across the company's hardware portfolio, including design and process development of manufacturing process strategy, and operational requirements, leading to be the best in class manufacturing operation with the highest quality performance, and to deliver optimized cost in a very competitive and cost-pressured industry.
1. Establish a project plan that covers; production & repair, process implementation, process maintenance and test process
2. Take lead / provides technical support to worldwide manufacturing and repair in support of continuous process improvement
3. Provide manufacturing engineering support to Development, DFx and NPI teams
4. Standardize manufacturing process across all sites
5. Understand design changes and provide build support at factory
6. Drive unresolved problems to the appropriate Development groups
7. Communicate to manufacturing team on process related failures
8. Provide feedback to factory on failure diagnostic
9. Evaluate process changes and metrology
10. Conduct targeted experiments at factory for manufacturing and quality improvement
11. Ensure proper processes and documentations at manufacturing and test operations
Drives implementation of best practices
1. The responsibilities of this position will be focusing on Mechanical Enclosure factories while managing and leading the supplier's Engineering team to deliver on optimal process before Mass production.
2. His/her Role also includes optimizing and working on Mechanical Enclosures/Component related processes including CNC; Assembly; CMF & Test.
3. This role also includes development of requirements and evaluating different manufacturing solutions for functionality, cost, and volume.
4. Preferred candidates will have an outstanding track record in delivering manufacturing processes that enables the delivery of high-volume Quality Mechanical Parts.
5. It is incumbent to have in-depth knowledge of Industrial Engineering as well to enable scalability and sustainable process for Manufacturing.
This position is based in the Microsoft Asia Center for Hardware in Suzhou where the role will provide the technical support and innovation required to assure best in class manufacturing operations. Experience in Leading an Engineering team or managing complex Project in the Mechanical Manufacturing world will be an advantage.
1. 15-20 years or more manufacturing engineering working experience
2. bachelor degree in engineering is preferred
3. proven track record of 5 years minimum of managing group of engineers in a dynamic and growing business
4. technical expertise in mechanical enclosure process and/or quality tools such as green belt/spc is a plus
5. leadership/managerial role with good technical expertise capability and quality management strength. requirement is to drive and manage our mechanical enclosures factories across china
calendar_today29 minutes ago