Staff System Engineer – Intelligent Buildings (BB-47AE8)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
AdvanTEC is a premier team of Building System Experts at Carrier Corp. This team, part of Carrier Building Solutions Group; develops, markets, and supports sales of innovative intelligent building solutions. The AdvanTEC team creates and deploys rapid prototypes of solutions that solve customer problems and leverage the broad portfolio of Carrier products and expertise.
Reporting to the Director – AdvanTEC Asia, this position will require a hands-on person responsible to help create and sell innovative intelligent building solutions focused on improving occupant experience, reducing cost of operations as well as creating a more safe and secure building environment. This position will require working with AdvanTEC engineering team members located in the US, Europe and Asia in the creation of new solutions, and with Carrier business units for the deployment of solutions in customer’s buildings primarily in the Asia and on occasion globally.
Duties & Responsibilities
Product sales support and concept development:
• Participate in consultative sales of projects to customers
• Support the creation of project proposals
• Support customer discovery sessions
• Utilize rapid prototyping tools, modeling and simulation and existing products, as needed, to rapidly prototype new concepts to validate viability as well as to refine product requirements
. System concept design/development:
• Perform system analysis in support of solution architecture definition and optimization.
• Design and construct concept prototypes for demonstration and evaluation by the modification of existing products
• Conduct prototype demonstrations at customer sites to validate technical and business requirements
• Provide technical support to business units and customers in support of customer projects using AdvanTEC developed solutions
A Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering is required.
Typical education requirements:
MS degree with 2+ years experience
PhD with 2+ years experience
Broad technical background with expertise in one or more of the following:
• System engineering/design thinking
• Classical and advanced control system design
• IoT system design and deployment
• Familiarity with the design and application of building automation systems
• Building system integration
The incumbent in this role will be responsible for complying with Carrier Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.Carrier is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position is located in Shanghai China
Up to 30-40% travel will be required.
calendar_today3 days ago