BSP & platform software engineer (BB-8959A)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
Qualcomm ChinaJob Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Applications EngineeringJob Overview:
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
General Summary Provides technical expertise of software systems through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation, and maintenance of company products. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions. Ensures that the application/solution is functioning according to specifications. May provide software development and consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. Assists customers with any questions, issues, debugging, or troubleshooting regarding software systems and applications. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working under close supervision.
• Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
• Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
• Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required. The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
• Influence over key organizational decisions.
• Role in strategic planning.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides timely and accurate answers to customer inquiries under the guidance of experienced peers.
• Identifies customer problems and brings them to attention of manager and/or project leads.
• Shares customer input with others on team regarding modifications to Qualcomm solutions.
• Supports root cause analyses on basic customer problems to identify underlying issue.
• Assists customers with integrating Qualcomm software solutions.
• Assists the development team with customizing Qualcomm software to meet customer requirements.
• Supports the debugging of basic issues in customer software systems.
• Attends internal project meetings.
• Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of debugging techniques for a specific work area (e.g., Wi-Fi, Bluetooth).
• Assists on a software module and recommends appropriate modifications and enhancements in light of customer needs under some guidance.
• Assists in publishing (e.g., writing, reviewing, and editing) product technical documentation.
• Demonstrates Qualcomm products and offerings to customers as instructed by tech leads.
IT Core Competencies N/A
Required Competencies (All competencies below are required upon entry)
• Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Building Trusting Relationships - The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different - The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Decision Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Documentation - The ability to appropriately document software and/or hardware specifications and processes to promote knowledge transfer to other engineers.
• Focusing on the Customer - The ability to effectively identify and address key customer needs in a timely manner. This includes leading others to maintain focus on customers and seeking information to uncover a true client need.
• Getting Work Done - The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and foresee and plan around obstacles.
• Software Applications - The ability to provide technical expertise of software systems through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation, and maintenance of company products. This includes assisting customers with any questions, issues, debugging, or troubleshooting regarding software systems and applications.
Additional Competencies N/A
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 1+ years experience with debugging techniques.
• 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
calendar_today8 hours ago