Digital Project Manager (BB-582E1)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country's chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of more than €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- Responsible to manage the definition, development and deployment of new and innovative digital solutions across channels, as well as, ensuring continuously delivery high-quality work and high-level service to customers.
- Act as Digital Product Owner to work closely with stakeholders and development team to facilitate strong communication and on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Responsible for the Digital Portfolio Roadmap field execution.
- Work with internal strategy, account, and technical resources to identify and develop digital solutions.
- Work together with development team to finish the feature/module development, ensure Go-Live readiness, e.g. UAT (User Acceptance Test), training of impacted users, risk management and mitigation.
- Work together with account team to define roll-out plan at customer plants and be accountable for the implementation (system deployment & launch at customer sites); communicate and document project status to customers, team members, and management on a regular basis; ensure work is progressing as planned and escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels.
- Accountable for system maintenance at customer sites, provide temporary workaround/fixes, collect and report on bugs for next patch updates.
- Manage customer expectations, consistently collect their feedbacks and create user-centric stories for development team to continuously develop new feature/module .
- Responsible for identification of new costumers methodically by running user explorations (like empathy interviews) and by conducting trend and market research.
- Identify opportunities and implement projects for system integrations with internal and/or customer systems/solutions.
- Successful implementation of Design Thinking principles (mindset and methods) in innovation projects as well as in daily operational work of the Digital projects.
- Manage workflow and process among internal departments, and clients to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon.
- Manage resource assignments to the project, and proactively identify resource challenges.
- Identify potential project risks, schedule changes, roadblocks, etc., communicate implications to the team and proactively make recommendations for solutions to address them.
- University degree in a technical, engineer or business focused environment;
- MBA or Master degree;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Automotive Industry Business, have interest in technology trends and industry developments;
- Experience with Project Management & Quality Assurance, PMP Certification is a plus;
- Digital or IT experience and/or education or affinity;
- Coatings Business and manufacturing technical know-how (nice to have);
- Face to customer experience, user/customer centric, ability to conduct interviews during user exploration hands-on;
- Iterative and holistic thinking;
- Self-organized working style;
- Familiar with agile methodologies, Scrum, OKR, Kanban;
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment;
- Effective problem-solving skills, specifically the ability to assess situations, evaluate options, make decisions, draw conclusions, and exercise judgment, are required;
- Must possess hypothesis-driven mindset and be naturally curious to scientifically test and learn from new approaches;
- Flexibility/versatility to face new challenges, quickly adapt to a new path and embrace change as an opportunity as opposed to an obstacle;
- Travel availability (50%).
- Good command of English and Mandarin.
calendar_today3 days ago
location_onShanghai Shi, China