Lead Software Engineer-Nike Digital Engineering, China Digital Studio (BB-44CA5)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have, to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join our China Digital Studio’s Engineering team. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to create, develop and deploy products and seamless experiences to athletes around the world.
We are excited about being at the forefront of the technology movement and we’re looking for others who want to join the club!Scope and Responsibilities:
As a Lead/Principle Software Engineer, you will:
* Deep foundational knowledge of software engineering practices, particularly on distributed systems and cloud native architectures.
* Leverage your love of Cloud computing/APIs/NodeJS skills to design and build the new breed of web platform for Nike Commerce
* Build on your knowledge of horizontally scalable no-sql databases such as DynamoDb, Cassandra etc, to ensure we have highly-available and high-performance data
* Harness your DevOps skills to automate your service deployments so they’re fully repeatable. Experience using Puppet/Chef/Saltstack/Ansible is a plus
* Profile and performance tune your work to ensure we deliver the fastest web experience to all customers across the globe
* Review teammates technical designs, code and tests to keep the entire team focused on being the best they can be
* Automate the testing of all of your components to ensure we have excellent test coverage with quality assertions
* Participate in design sessions, implementation plans, resolve technical issues, review code and provide feedback
* Build and maintain simple and intuitive APIs’ for a very large developer community within Nike.
* Encourage innovation with new technologies and elegant solutions
* Advocate technical direction, define best practices and principles
* Ensure successful quality software with emphasis in these areas:
* Masters’ or Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or a related field
* 10+ years professional experience in the design of complex projects across web platforms & mobile applications, with internal and external design, development, and quality teams
* 5+ years in a lead engineering role responsible for architecture decisions and direct technical leadership over engineering teams focused on delivering enterprise scale systems.
* Experience designing APIs and creating RESTful microservices
* Functional experience & knowledge of cloud technology (AWS, Azure, etc…).
* Experience with both relational and No-SQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB etc)
* Experience in Docker, Kubernetes or other container technologies
* Experience or exposure to Domain-Driven Design principles.
* Solid understanding of SLDC’s, Common development practices, Agile, and Lean principles.
* Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
* Familiar with machine learning is desirable but not mandatory
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
calendar_today1 hour ago