Compliance Counsel China (BB-974B2)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With larger production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country's chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2018 to customers in Greater China, and employed 9,317 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en. Objectives:
- Oversee the Corporate Compliance Program in China as Country Compliance Officer and being the key contact for compliance matters. provide legal advice and solutions for clients.
- Give strong support to the Compliance Officer in following tasks:
- Oversee the Corporate Compliance Program in China as Country Compliance Officer and member of the Regional Compliance Team. Provide guidance and advice to management regarding compliance activities/matters in China.
- Oversee and conduct case handling and internal compliance investigations in China, including steering/ guiding activities and efforts of a multi-functional investigation team (case-handler and representatives of relevant units such as BU, corporate security, corporate audit, HR, procurement etc. as needed), and ensure appropriate case reporting as well as training and communication of compliance program in China.
- Update and inform Country Business/Functional Leadership about Compliance Program and key compliance matters.
- Being responsible for ensuring that the core elements of the Compliance Management System are implemented and Global/Regional initiatives and compliance projects are appropriately tailored within China.
- Being the key contact for compliance matters with third parties, governmental and regulatory authorities
- Identify best practices and gaps as relates to the Country Compliance Program.
- Provide proper delegation of duties and responsibilities to competent personnel within the Compliance Organization
- Provide legal advice and solutions for the business and other internal clients; being fully responsible for managing the legal affairs of one (or more) BASF operating division(s) in China as well as assigned BASF group companies and/or function(s) in China. This includes in particular reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents, advice on compliance and regulatory issues; and advice on company secretary matters.
- Advise on and negotiate China investment projects, including M&A transactions (including conducting legal due diligence and negotiating and drafting transaction agreements), implement global M&A activities locally; support merger filing process and other relevant approval processes with authorities; and handle JV or WFOE establishment or restructuring.
- Advise on new laws and legal environment concerning the company's business strategy and operations as well as modified business models.
- Provide legal training to BASF employees, e.g. antitrust training, contract law training as well as compliance program training; and coach junior legal staff.
- Manage litigation and arbitration processes as well as outside legal counsel as necessary.
- Excellent Law Degree; minimum 4 years legal experience
- Compliance experience, including regarding compliance investigations is a plus
- Broad legal knowledge with high level of proficiency in the application of legal principles and practices
- Rounded & grounded personality, strong process management capabilities as well as organizational skills and judgment
- Superior interpersonal and team-working skills, ability to advise and educate corporate functions and businesses with business acumen; ability to adeptly navigate within a matrix organization, good conflict-handling skills
- Strategic perspective with an ability to see the overall picture
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent English and Mandarin language skills both in writing and speaking
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and workload
- Computer literacy in standard applications
- International educational or professional experience would be a plus
calendar_today5 days ago
location_onShanghai Shi, China