Regional Procurement Operations Manager Asia Pacific (BB-B23C2)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
• Supervise Asia Pacific Region Procurement operations teams– lead effective coaching and development of APR team members.
o Have procurement management oversight for APR: execute procurement operation plans for direct and indirect categories, minimizing total cost of ownership of negotiating key category spends.
o Ensure that Purchase Requisitions are converted to Purchase Orders for the procurement of goods, services, and packaging at regional plant sites and business centers following standard operating principles as applicable for the APR guidelines in place.
• Collaborate within and across the APR with global sourcing managers to support the implementation and execution of the global sourcing strategies.
• Represent APR’s business needs in development and deployment of corporate policy. Be a champion for effective implementation of and consistent adherence to policy and procedure. Drive accountability with Procurement operations staff and client organizations for compliance with Procurement policies and procedures.
• Lead efforts to develop, analyze, and award bid packages for large projects (Request for Quote, Request for Information).
• Negotiate contracts with new and existing suppliers, as needed for strategic contracts.
• Represent Global Sourcing & Procurement operations to local sites and regional leadership, (serving as a member of the APR Leadership Team).
• Represent Procurement operations organization in site emergencies.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or engineering required. Concentration in procurement, supply chain, logistics, accounting, or finance preferred.
• MBA preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing company preferred.
• Procurement or SAP ERP experience desirable.
• 5+ years of experience in commercial or procurement management with leading teams through transformation and change preferred.
• Experience in supervising and building capability in teams required.
• Fluent communication ability in Chinese and English (oral and written) required.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
calendar_today1 day ago