Manager - Healthcare / Pharma Business Development, North Asia (BB-3EC30)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
General Job Functions:
In collaboration with geography , product, and service teams, grow Expeditors’ net revenue generated from customers within the industry vertical. This is achieved through four main activities:
- Product, service and geography development
- Sales and account development
- Marketing and customer events
- Training, knowledge build, and mentorship
Specific Job Functions:
Sales & Account Development
Vertical managers are expected to be actively engaged in the closing of new business. This is achieved through direct customer engagement and support of account managers and sales executives through the following activities:
- Direct customer engagement connected to large and strategically important opportunities.
- Supporting the development and closing of new opportunities.
- Identifying and agreeing global, regional and strategically important local targets with sales leaders.
- Jointly “own” target accounts which are targeted for closure within 24 months.
- Regular calls with sales owners on strategically important target customers.
- Monthly calls with account managers for top 20 vertical customers in the geography.
- Monthly conference calls/meeting with direct report and the Global Vertical Leader on the performance and areas of focus on the vertical.
RFIs / RFQs:
- Collaborating with bid owners on large and strategically important opportunities.
Marketing & Customer Events
Vertical managers are expected to support the network with fresh content (educational) based marketing:
- Writing and publishing case studies and sales flyers that showcase special programs and industry capabilities.
Expeditors' Customer Events:
- Be an active participant and support of Global Logistics Conferences (GLCs), focus groups, seminars.
- Trade shows, speaking opportunities, and customer awards.
Post relevant articles and content consistent with Expeditors' social media policy.
Product and Service Development
Vertical Managers are responsible for:
1. Identifying and educating geo, product, and service leaders on industry trends and industry specific service requirements.
2. Collaborating with geo, product, service leaders, and global vertical leaders to build programs and services which address the unique needs of a specific vertical industry .
3. Supporting geo, product, and service teams with the development and rollout of industry specific operational procedures and training.
4. Supporting the global vertical leader in identifying industry trends, development of educational and training material, and development of unique solutions of the Vertical.
- University graduate in pharmacy or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Culturally sensitive and customer-driven.
- Good command of English.
- Travel is required.
1. No more than normal physical effort or positional stress required. Intermittent walking, sitting or standing with normal expenditure of energy.
2. No more than occasional exposure to one or more unpleasant or to somewhat hazardous conditions.
3. Extensive travel may be required.
calendar_today3 days ago