Area Manager (L6) (BB-CE19E)
Found in: Neuvoo CN
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
The Canton Parts Distribution Center (PDC) is a fast paced operation which provides direct aftermarket parts support to DTNA’s dealer and distribution network. At the Canton PDC you will work alongside highly motivated individuals within the organization’s Leadership Team, focusing on both short and long term goals and objectives of the PDC. Total staffing for the operation equals approximately 225 people and includes salaried exempt employees, salaried office employees and hourly warehouse employees. The Canton PDC is a multiple shift operation, open daily from 7:00 AM through 3:00A and on Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00PM on Saturday.
- Lead the daily activities of a 15-20 person team.
- Support a safe working environment and facilitate a safe working culture.
- Promote and facilitate a focus on quality, and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach and develop team members to higher levels of performance.
- Track and monitor shift, team, and individual employee performance.
- Continually analyze current state processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Oversee manpower and workload planning.
- Oversee training and development of all assigned team members.
- Using Lean principles promote and develop a Continuous Improvement Culture within assigned team.
- Select, train and supervise PDC workers. Assist with daily operations to identify and solve problems relating to manpower, scheduling, quality and facility arrangement.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college required
- Previous Leadership experience within an operational environment; i.e. manufacturing, distribution or transportation is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application is required.
- Strong Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Ability to coach and develop employees to ever higher levels of performance is required.
- Knowledge and application of Lean/Continuous Improvement tools and principles is required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are required.
- An attached resume is required
Typical Minimum Experience Preferred (Desired Skills/Experience)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience within a fast paced, multi-shift distribution environment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of distribution/warehousing operations, methods and procedures is highly preferred.
- Strong Customer focus and previous face time experience with customers is preferred.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Thank you for your interest in Daimler Trucks North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
We need your consent to load the Youtube service!
We use a third party service to embed video content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to watch this video.
This content is not permitted to load due to trackers that are not disclosed to the visitor. The website owner needs to setup the site with their CMP to add this content to the list of technologies used.Powered by Usercentrics Consent Management
calendar_today2 days ago
work Mercedes Benz